Being part of our Family means more than just having a job. It means opportunity. Whether you desire training, personal and/or professional development, or the chance to contribute and be a part of a team, SPS has something to offer everyone.
The SPS Family of Companies provides competitive compensation that is so much more than your paycheck. Retirement plans, bonus plans, healthcare, scholarships, vacation, and personal time all in a casual, fun work environment help provide the security and flexibility that today’s employees demand.
As an employee, and based on the SPS company and department in which you work, you are eligible for bonuses – in addition to your base pay – for Safety, Performance-based Incentives, and a Holiday bonus. These additional compensation opportunities are one way in which SPS companies reward the people who help make us a successful organization.
As an employee, you are offered a 401(k) Retirement Plan, including both a traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k). A number of high-quality investment options are available along with annual education sessions provided to all employees by the third-party plan administrator. Once an employee is eligible to make contributions, the Company matches fifty cents on the dollar up to the first six percent of compensation that you contribute to the plan.
SPS Scholarship Program
The Company awards The Steel and Pipe Supply Company, Inc. Scholarship to qualified children of employees who are pursuing higher education at the college level. The scholarship is provided as a non-taxable benefit to employees. Scholarships are awarded by a third-party selection committee without regard to sex, race, marital status, genetic information, disability, handicap, religion, natural origin or any other factor prohibited by law.
Paid Vacation and Personal Leave
The Company offers paid Vacation Leave to eligible employees.
Additionally, employees are offered up to five paid Personal Leave days per year which are accrued throughout the year.
The Company takes the health and well-being of our employees and their families very seriously. As an employee, you have ongoing access to educational information, tools and resources for you and family members. Additionally, the Company provides financial incentives to employees for participating in Company Wellness programs and initiatives.
The Company provides self-funded medical insurance coverage, administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas, and pays for more than 80% of the overall costs of coverage for employees.
The Company provides dental insurance coverage through Delta Dental. The Company and employee share in the costs for the plan.
Health Savings Account
In conjunction with the medical insurance plan, the Company also provides employees with a Health Savings Account (HSA), which is a is a special tax preferred trust or custodial account that is used to pay for medical expenses. All full-time employees who elect the Company health plan (QHDP) can open an employer-sponsored HSA. Funds set aside in an HSA are not subject to federal, state, or Social Security taxes.
Paid STD and LTD Insurance
The Company provides 100% paid short-term disability (STD) and long-term disability (LTD) coverage to all employees.
Paid Life Insurance
The Company provides paid life insurance coverage for employees. The amount of company-paid coverage is two times the annual pay of the employee up to a maximum of $500,000 of term life insurance coverage.
As an SPS employee, you also have access to additional voluntary benefits offered on a pre-tax and post-tax basis including vision insurance, cancer insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance and supplemental life insurance.
As of 2018, the SPS Companies, Inc. Scholarship has provided over $2 million in scholarships to over 175 children of employees to pursue their dreams of a college education!
As an employee of any of the SPS Family of Companies, you have access to thousands of online training courses to all employees covering a wide range of topics from safety to technology to leadership. All employees also receive regular and frequent training on safety and performance best practices.
The Company sponsors multiple leadership development programs throughout the year. Participants are selected by a committee based on applications and nominations. Each program has eight (8) participants that spend eight (8) days a year engaged in cohort-style leadership development. Learning activities include leadership assessments, instructor-led leadership training courses, manager mentors, and executive speakers on leadership, group projects and individual development plans.
In addition to formal mentoring provided through the leadership development programs, informal mentoring relationships are available to you as an SPS employee. Mentoring has proven to be a very effective way for employees to tap into the wisdom and expertise of others, as well as refine their own problem solving and opportunity recognition capabilities, job skills and abilities.
The Company recognizes the importance of the manager role at all levels of the organization and the impact each manager has on each person who reports to them. All Company managers are invited to 3-4 competency-based leadership training sessions per year. Managers also have access to thousands of online course. In addition, twice a year, all eligible managers receive feedback on 15 specific behaviors from their employees by means of an anonymous survey. Managers utilize the scores and feedback to create and refine individual development plans
SMS Terms and Conditions
1. By texting a keyword to short code 24263, you consent to receive one or more automated texts at the phone number from which you texted.
2. We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your mobile service operator. SMS MESSAGE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, AND WE MAKE NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED.
3. Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your cell phone number, your carrier’s name, and the date, time and content of your messages, as well as other information that you provide. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us.
4. By subscribing, you consent to receive text messages including job alerts, updates, and announcements. Up to 4 messages / month.
5. By subscribing or otherwise using the service, you acknowledge and agree that we will have the right to change and/or terminate the service at any time, with or without cause and/or advance notice.
6. To cancel your SMS subscriptions, text STOP to 24263 in reply to a text message you receive. You may receive a subsequent message confirming your opt-out request.
7. For additional help, text HELP to 24263 in reply to a text message you receive.
8. Message and Data Rates May Apply.
9. T-Mobile® is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
10. United States Participating Carriers Include AT&T, T-Mobile®, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Boost, U.S. Cellular®, MetroPCS®, InterOp, Cellcom, C Spire Wireless, Cricket, Virgin Mobile and others.
11. Program Availability: Currently, the Program is only available to residents of the United States. You understand and acknowledge that you may not sign up for, access, or attempt to access or use the Program from countries outside of the U.S. You agree to abide by U.S. and other applicable export control laws and not to transfer, by electronic transmission or otherwise, any content or software subject to restrictions under such laws to a national destination or person prohibited under such laws.
Questions / Support: You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time, from your mobile phone, send a text message with the word “HELP” to 24263. You may also call our support line: 1-785-587-5144.